Let's kick back and be ourselves.
Brady or Mahomes. Which are you?
Here’s How You Can Say You Won 2021
We made it through 2020. (Can we say a collective “Phew!!!”?) As we take on 2021, we’d like to offer 5 things to think about when you put together a game plan for this year.
- Believe in science. No, we’re not talking about vaccines or virus transmission. We’re referring to data science. Huge strides have been made in this field, which allows you to really pinpoint your target audience and market directly to them—at the right time, in the right way, with the right message. Don’t just cast a wide net wherever you are. Figure out exactly what fish you want, go to the lake where they are and cast the precise lure. Then, just reel ‘em in.
- Go digital—All. The. Way. We can’t say it enough. If you are still resisting taking the plunge, seriously, now is the time to do it. Digital is NOT going away. But don’t be content with just getting a website live. Really think through the strategy. One thing that’s elusive to many online retailers is brand loyalty. How do you build—and maintain—it? By getting a firm grip on your customer experience. Use that insight to build what you do online around what your buyers need and expect at every touchpoint. Catering to your customers in every way possible isn’t a nicety—it’s a necessity.
- Don’t forget about your peeps. Maybe you read point #2 about going digital and thought, “I’m not a retailer. I don’t need that.” Wrong. If you have a team, there’s a good chance that’s exactly what you need. Right now, many employees are working from home and rarely get in-person interaction with colleagues, if ever. One tool that helps tremendously with remote teams is an internal website. That way everything is in one place, it’s on-brand and it boosts morale.
- Be prepared for ups and downs.. Experts say there’s a lot of pent-up consumer demand since no one really got to do or buy anything last year. So, there’s a good chance there may be a purchasing rush once consumer confidence peaks. But (spoiler alert), that will eventually subside. Analysts also say online sales may go down slightly—mostly since they got so high they’ll need to normalize a bit (though still much higher than they were pre-pandemic), but also because there may be some people who go back to brick and mortar when they feel it’s safe.
- Read the room. When it comes to content, be aware of what’s going on in the world. More than ever, consumers have opinions and they’re making them heard, through vocal channels and their wallets. Many care about a brand’s social and environmental impact. They want to know how a company feels about weighty matters—and they want to see words backed up with action. At the same time, recognize that people truly feel the weight and anxiety of all that 2020 brought, and they want some optimism in their lives. If your organization can be the one to bring that to them, do it! Give people a reason to smile, or, dare we say, even laugh—as long as it fits with your brand and isn’t irreverent to the things people are going through.
Did we mention it’s already February!!!??!!!! So, go conquer 2021. Do it now!